What is another word for water-cooled reactor?

Pronunciation: [wˈɔːtəkˈuːld ɹɪˈaktə] (IPA)

A water-cooled reactor is a type of nuclear reactor that uses water to remove heat produced by nuclear reactions. There are several synonyms for the term water-cooled reactor, including pressurized water reactor (PWR), boiling water reactor (BWR), and light water reactor (LWR). These synonyms differ based on the type of coolant used to transfer heat. In a PWR, the water is kept under high pressure to prevent it from boiling. In a BWR, the water is allowed to boil and create steam to power turbines. LWRs are a type of water-cooled reactor that use ordinary water as a coolant and moderator, which slows down neutrons and allows for nuclear reactions to occur.

Synonyms for Water-cooled reactor:

What are the hypernyms for Water-cooled reactor?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Water-cooled reactor?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

"ANN CONF AUSTRALAS INST MET" seems to be an abbreviation or a combination of words, rather than a single word. Therefore, finding synonyms for it might be challenging without unde...