What is another word for wheel fiddle?

Pronunciation: [wˈiːl fˈɪdə͡l] (IPA)

The term "wheel fiddle" is typically used to refer to the hurdy-gurdy, a type of stringed instrument that has a wheel that is turned by a crank to produce sound. However, there are several other names that are used interchangeably with "wheel fiddle." For example, in French, the instrument is often referred to as a vielle à roue, while in German it is known as a Drehleier. Other synonyms include the wheel viola, the organistrum, and the symphonie. Regardless of what it is called, the wheel fiddle is a unique and fascinating instrument that has been used for centuries to create beautiful and haunting melodies.

What are the hypernyms for Wheel fiddle?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

being sweet on
abide by, accept, acclaim, accolade, accredit, acknowledgment, admiration, adoration, alike, animate.