What is another word for column inch?

11 synonyms found


[ kˈɒlʌm ˈɪnt͡ʃ], [ kˈɒlʌm ˈɪnt‍ʃ], [ k_ˈɒ_l_ʌ_m ˈɪ_n_tʃ]

A column inch refers to the amount of space a column occupies in columns of print, traditionally used in newspapers. There are several synonyms for column inch, including column width, column length, advertising space, editorial space, and print space. In advertising, the cost of advertising is generally calculated based on the number of column inches used. However, in modern times, the term has expanded to include digital media, such as web pages and eBooks. As such, column inch synonyms for digital marketing include pixels, screen space, and online ad space. Regardless of the medium, column inches remain a vital component of communications and marketing efforts as they are a critical way to measure content and advertising's effectiveness.

Synonyms for Column inch:

How to use "Column inch" in context?

Column inches, or ci, are an important unit of measurement in the printing and publishing industry. They are derived from the old Roman inch, which is equal to 1/12 of a foot.

A column inch is equal to 24.47 mm, and a page is approximately 1.5 times as wide as it is high. Thus, a sheet that is 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches high would be considered a "double-page spread.

Word of the Day