What is another word for flatteners?

Pronunciation: [flˈatənəz] (IPA)

Flatteners refer to things or tools that make a surface level or smooth. Some synonyms for flatteners include levelers, smoothers, planers, scrapers, and sanders. Levelers are used to make a surface even while smoothers are used to remove bumps and imperfections. Planers, on the other hand, are used to shave off a specific amount of material to achieve a smooth surface. Scrapers are used to remove debris and imperfections while sanders are used to polish surfaces to a smooth finish. All of these tools are flatteners used in various projects such as woodworking, metalworking, and construction.

What are the hypernyms for Flatteners?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the opposite words for flatteners?

The antonyms for the word "flatteners" would be "thickeners" or "bulkers." These words describe substances or materials that increase in thickness or volume, rather than flattening or compressing. Thickeners are commonly used in the food industry to make sauces or gravies thicker, while bulkers are often used in construction or fabrication to add volume to materials such as concrete or plastics. Both thickeners and bulkers can be essential components in a variety of applications, providing increased strength or stability while also adding texture or density to a product. Overall, while flatteners have their uses, thickeners and bulkers provide valuable counterpoints in a range of industries and applications.

What are the antonyms for Flatteners?

  • Other relevant words:

Word of the Day

chucker-out, bouncer.