What is another word for grave accent?

4 synonyms found


[ ɡɹˈe͡ɪv ˈaksənt], [ ɡɹˈe‍ɪv ˈaksənt], [ ɡ_ɹ_ˈeɪ_v ˈa_k_s_ə_n_t]

Synonyms for Grave accent:

How to use "Grave accent" in context?

Grave accent is a variant of the English accent that is pronounced in such a way that the emphasis is placed on the final syllable of a word. This pronunciation is typically found in the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, and Scotland.

Word of the Day

enlivener, reformist, refresher, renovator, restorer, Modernizer, Regenerator, Reviver, recharger.