What is another word for light ballast?

Pronunciation: [lˈa͡ɪt bˈaləst] (IPA)

Light ballast refers to the electronic component that controls the amount of current flowing through a light fixture. There are several synonyms for the term "light ballast," including "lamp ballast," "fluorescent ballast," and "electric ballast." Another commonly used term is "ballast resistor," which refers to the electrical resistor placed in series with a load to regulate the flow of current. These components are essential in ensuring that light fixtures operate efficiently and safely. By regulating the flow of electricity, they prevent damage to the bulb, increase energy efficiency, and extend the lifespan of the entire fixture. Overall, the synonyms for "light ballast" all point to the critical role this component plays in lighting technology.

Synonyms for Light ballast:

What are the hypernyms for Light ballast?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Light ballast?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

mu Chain Disease
There are no precise antonyms for the medical term "mu chain disease." Mu chain disease is a rare form of lymphoma characterized by the proliferation of immature B-lymphocytes whic...