What is another word for paper wasp?

Pronunciation: [pˈe͡ɪpə wˈɒsp] (IPA)

Paper wasps are a type of social wasp that build their nests using paper-like substances. When searching for synonyms for paper wasp, one might consider other names that are commonly used to describe these insects. Some people refer to them as umbrella wasps because of the unique shape of their nests. Others use the term bald-faced hornet because of the wasp's distinct black and white markings. They are also known as yellowjackets because of their typical yellow and black coloration. Regardless of what you choose to call them, these insects can be quite formidable and are known for their stinging behavior when disturbed.

Synonyms for Paper wasp:

What are the hypernyms for Paper wasp?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Paper wasp?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for paper wasp (as nouns)

Word of the Day

The word "sourceable" means capable of being sourced, obtainable or found. The antonyms of this word are words that refer to something that cannot be sourced, found or obtained. Th...