What is another word for place mats?

14 synonyms found


[ plˈe͡ɪs mˈats], [ plˈe‍ɪs mˈats], [ p_l_ˈeɪ_s m_ˈa_t_s]

Place mats are a common household item used to protect a table from scratches, spills, and stains. However, there are several synonyms used to refer to these protective table accessories. One of the most common synonyms is table mats, which is used interchangeably with place mats. Placemats can also be referred to as table pads, table runners, or table covers, depending on the style and material used. Some other lesser-known synonyms for placemats include table cloths, tabletoppers, and place settings. Regardless of what they are called, placemats remain an essential addition to any dining table, adding both style and functionality to meal times.

Synonyms for Place mats:

What are the hypernyms for Place mats?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    tableware, table linens, cloth napkins, dining room accessories, kitchen textiles.

Word of the Day

lithographic limestone or slate
Lithographic limestone or slate carries immense significance in the realm of printing and art. These materials have long been used to create picturesque and vibrant images through ...