What is another word for Rima Glottidis?

Pronunciation: [ɹˈiːmə ɡlətˈɪdɪz] (IPA)

Rima glottidis, also known as the glottic cleft or vocal cleft, is the opening between the vocal folds or cords. When we speak or sing, air flows through this narrow opening, creating vibrations that produce sound. Synonyms for rima glottidis include glottis, vocal fissure, and vocal cleft. These terms are commonly used in medical and anatomical literature, as well as in discussions related to voice production and speech therapy. Understanding the various synonyms for rima glottidis can help us better grasp the complexities of voice production and vocal anatomy.

Synonyms for Rima glottidis:

What are the hypernyms for Rima glottidis?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    Larynx component, Respiratory organ part, Throat opening, Voice box structure, anatomical feature.

Word of the Day

Dacoits, also known as bandits or robbers, are individuals who engage in criminal activities such as stealing, murder, and other violent acts. Other synonyms for dacoits include br...