What is another word for seismic wave?

Pronunciation: [sˈa͡ɪzmɪk wˈe͡ɪv] (IPA)

A seismic wave is a type of wave that travels through the Earth's crust, caused by an earthquake or other seismic activity. There are several synonyms for the term "seismic wave", including tremor, quake, or shockwave. Another term is ground motion, which refers to the movement of the earth's surface due to seismic energy. Other synonyms include vibration, rumble, or aftershock. Each of these terms refers to the same phenomenon, which is the result of the release of energy stored within the Earth's crust. Seismic waves are a vital tool for seismologists and geologists, as they provide valuable data on the structure of the Earth's interior.

What are the hypernyms for Seismic wave?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

"Emigrations" is a term that refers to the act of leaving one's country of origin to settle in a different one. Some synonyms for this term are migration, immigration, relocation, ...