What is another word for tintinnabulation?

113 synonyms found


[ tˌɪntɪnˌabjʊlˈe͡ɪʃən], [ tˌɪntɪnˌabjʊlˈe‍ɪʃən], [ t_ˌɪ_n_t_ɪ_n_ˌa_b_j_ʊ_l_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]

How to use "Tintinnabulation" in context?

Tintinnabulation is an acoustic phenomenon in which one or more sounds are emitted from a striking object, such as a tuning fork. The sounds are typically high-pitched notes, and can be heard for a limited distance. It was first documented in the early 18th century, and is usually associated with instruments such as the violin, viola, and cello.

Word of the Day