What is another word for transverse flute?

Pronunciation: [tɹansvˈɜːs flˈuːt] (IPA)

The transverse flute is a type of woodwind instrument that has been around for centuries. It is played horizontally, with the player blowing across a hole in the instrument's side. While the term "transverse flute" is commonly used to describe this instrument, there are several synonyms that can be used as well. These include the Western concert flute, the Boehm flute (named after its inventor Theobald Boehm), and the traverse flute. In addition, there are several other types of flutes, such as the alto flute, the piccolo, and the bass flute. Each has its own unique sound and features, but they all share the same basic design and playability.

Synonyms for Transverse flute:

What are the hypernyms for Transverse flute?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

involuntary servitude
bondage, captivity, dependency, enslavement, enthrallment, feudalism.