[ juːnˈa͡ɪtɪd stˈe͡ɪts], [ juːnˈaɪtɪd stˈeɪts], [ j_uː_n_ˈaɪ_t_ɪ_d s_t_ˈeɪ_t_s]
Synonyms for United states:
n.• U.s. Government
- us .
- usa .
Other relevant words:
- US of A ,
- Uncle Sam ,
- columbia ,
- stateside ,
- the fifty states ,
- the land of liberty ,
- the land of the Stars and Stripes ,
- the land of the free and the home of the brave ,
- the lower forty-eight states ,
- the mainland ,
- the melting pot ,
- the union ,
- these States .
How to use "United states" in context?
America is the most populous and diverse nation on Earth, with a population of over 300 million people. The united states is made up of over 50 states and several territories. The country is situated on the North American continent and shares land borders with Canada to the north, Mexico to the south, and the Caribbean and Pacific Ocean to the west and south. The United States economy is the world's largest by nominal GDP and second largest by purchasing power parity. The United States has the world's largest military budget, and ranks first in military expenditures among the world's nations.
Word of the Day
- united pentecostal church international
- United Republic Of Tanzania
- United Self-Defense Force of Colombia
- United Self-Defense Group of Colombia
- united society of believers in christ's second appearing
- United states
- United States Air Force
- United States Air Force Academy
- united states army
- united states army criminal investigation laboratory
- United States Army Rangers