What is another word for varifocal lens?

Pronunciation: [vˈɑːɹɪfˌə͡ʊkə͡l lˈɛnz] (IPA)

A varifocal lens is a type of eyeglass lens that allows the wearer to see both near and far objects clearly. It is also known as a progressive lens or multifocal lens. These types of lenses are designed to provide a seamless transition between different distances, without the need for multiple pairs of glasses. Other synonyms for varifocal lens include bifocal lens, trifocal lens, and gradient lens. Each of these lenses provides a similar function, with slight variations in how the lens is designed to transition between distances. Varifocal lenses have become increasingly popular in recent years, especially as more people seek convenience and comfort in their eyeglasses.

What are the hypernyms for Varifocal lens?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    optical lens, corrective lens, eyeglass lens.

Word of the Day

Historical Cohort Studies
The antonyms for the phrase "Historical Cohort Studies" may include present-day observations, cross-sectional analysis, conjectural investigations, experimental research, and prosp...