What is another word for wavelike?

47 synonyms found


[ wˈe͡ɪvla͡ɪk], [ wˈe‍ɪvla‍ɪk], [ w_ˈeɪ_v_l_aɪ_k]

Wavelike is a term that describes something that resembles or has the characteristics of waves. However, it's not the only word that can be used to convey this idea. Synonyms for the term include "undulating," "rippling," "rolling," "flowing," "surging," "billowing," "fluctuating," and "heaving." Each of these words can be used to describe different types of movements that mimic waves, such as the rolling motion of a ship on rough seas, the gentle rise and fall of a meadow in the breeze, or the surging motion of a river rapids. By using these synonyms, writers and speakers can add more variety and nuance to their descriptions of wavelike movements.

How to use "Wavelike" in context?

A wave or a wavelike motion is a type of movement of the medium that is composed of repeated, rhythmic phases of elevation and depression. Wave motion is also known as a physical or mechanical wave, a surface wave, a sinusoidal wave, a waves imposing motion, or a tsunami.

Word of the Day

do anyhow