What is another word for wefts?

85 synonyms found


[ wˈɛfts], [ wˈɛfts], [ w_ˈɛ_f_t_s]

Wefts, in the fashion industry, refer to the threads that are horizontally woven across the warp threads to create a fabric. Wefts are crucial in producing high-quality fabrics that are durable, flexible, and comfortable. There are many synonyms for the term 'wefts,' including woof, filling, pick, shoot, and across. Woof is a common synonym used in the UK, while filling is used in the US. Pick is another term used for wefts, especially in the textile industry. At the same time, shoot is also a popular synonym used in the sewing and weaving industries. In summary, understanding these synonyms will help you better understand textile and fabric production.

How to use "Wefts" in context?

Wefts are long, thin strands of hair that are used to fill in areas where hair is thin or missing. They are most commonly used on top of the head, but can also be used on the sides and back. Wefts are attached to the hair on either side of the area that needs hair coverage, and then the hair is cut to the same length.

Word of the Day

dominoes, dominos.