What is another word for Airer?

Pronunciation: [ˈe͡əɹə] (IPA)

Airers are essential items used for drying clothes, towels and linens. There are several synonyms that can be used interchangeably with the word 'airer' depending on where you are in the world. One of the most commonly used words in the UK is 'clothes horse', which refers to an open-rack design that allows items to be hung up and dried. In the US, 'drying rack' is a common term used, and sometimes 'drying stand' is used as well. Other possible synonyms include 'drying line', 'clothesline', or 'wash line', which describes a rope or cord stretched between two posts or trees to hang clothes and let them air dry. Choose the term that works best for you and your location when selecting an airer.

Synonyms for Airer:

What are the hypernyms for Airer?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Christopher Smart
Christopher Smart was an 18th-century poet renowned for his literary prowess and unique writing style. He was also known by several synonyms such as 'Kit Smart' or 'Kit Smart the B...