What is another word for blistering agent?

8 synonyms found


[ blˈɪstəɹɪŋ ˈe͡ɪd͡ʒənt], [ blˈɪstəɹɪŋ ˈe‍ɪd‍ʒənt], [ b_l_ˈɪ_s_t_ə_ɹ_ɪ_ŋ ˈeɪ_dʒ_ə_n_t]

Blistering agent is a term used to describe a chemical compound that causes severe skin irritation upon contact. Some synonyms for blistering agent include vesicant, irritant, caustic, corrosive, and burning agent. These compounds can cause blistering, skin damage, and even death in severe cases. Vesicants, like mustard gas, were used as chemical weapons in the past but are now considered illegal according to the Chemical Weapons Convention. Caustic and corrosive substances, such as acids and alkalis, are commonly found in household cleaners and can cause significant harm if not handled properly. It is essential to use caution and protective gear when dealing with blistering agents to avoid injury.

Synonyms for Blistering agent:

What are the hypernyms for Blistering agent?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Blistering agent?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

lithographic limestone or slate
Lithographic limestone or slate carries immense significance in the realm of printing and art. These materials have long been used to create picturesque and vibrant images through ...