What is another word for book louse?

Pronunciation: [bˈʊk lˈa͡ʊs] (IPA)

Book louse is a common term referring to tiny insects that are usually found in books and papers at home or in libraries. They are often called psocids and they are harmless to humans. However, they can cause damage to paper materials if their population grows excessively. Synonyms for book louse include paper lice, paper mites, and booklice. These names are used interchangeably and refer to the same insect that thrives in humid and warm conditions. Controlling the humidity and temperature can help prevent the infestation of these insects. Additionally, using insecticides can also keep your books and papers safe from these creatures.

Synonyms for Book louse:

What are the hypernyms for Book louse?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Book louse?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

What are the holonyms for Book louse?

Holonyms are words that denote a whole whose part is denoted by another word.

Word of the Day

silver ichthyolate
Silver ichthyolate is a compound that is not widely known, yet it is a term that sparks curiosity. Synonyms for silver ichthyolate are not abundant, as this compound is quite uniqu...