What is another word for Divulsive?

1 synonym found


[ da͡ɪvˈʌlsɪv], [ da‍ɪvˈʌlsɪv], [ d_aɪ_v_ˈʌ_l_s_ɪ_v]

Divulsive is a term that refers to something that causes a sudden, forceful separation or removal. There are many synonyms for this word, including disruptive, jarring, scattering, and splitting. These words describe actions that involve a rapid and forceful movement, either physically or in terms of thought or emotion. Other synonyms for divulsive include dislocating, pulling apart, tearing asunder, and rending. These words all suggest a forceful force that separates things, whether it be objects, ideas, or emotions. Depending on the context in which it is used, different synonyms may be more appropriate, but all convey a sense of sudden action that leads to separation.

Synonyms for Divulsive:

What are the hypernyms for Divulsive?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Divulsive

An eminent Russian historian, M. Tatischeff, has recently discovered the hidden Divulsive agency.
"The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)"
John Holland Rose

Word of the Day

Hematological Diseases
Hematological diseases are diverse and debilitating conditions that affect the blood and its components. These disorders encompass a wide spectrum of conditions, ranging from anemi...