What is another word for doctor of the church?

Pronunciation: [dˈɒktəɹ ɒvðə t͡ʃˈɜːt͡ʃ] (IPA)

"Doctor of the Church" is a title given to certain Christian theologians whose writings and teachings have made a significant impact on Church doctrine and theology. These individuals are also known by various other names such as "theologian," "scholar," "apologist," "teacher," or "Doctor of the Faith." In addition, they may be referred to by their specific area of focus, such as "moral theologian" or "patristic scholar." These individuals are recognized for their contributions to Christian thought and their significant influence on the development and understanding of the faith throughout history. Overall, they are held in high regard for their intellectual and spiritual contributions to the Church.

Synonyms for Doctor of the church:

What are the hypernyms for Doctor of the church?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Doctor of the church?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

chucker-out, bouncer.