What is another word for gyrocompass?

Pronunciation: [d͡ʒˈa͡ɪɹəkˌʌmpəs] (IPA)

The word gyrocompass refers to a type of compass that uses a gyroscopic device to maintain orientation. There are a few synonyms for this word, including the terms gyroscopic compass, gyro compass, and gyroscopic navigation system. These terms are commonly used in both nautical and aviation contexts, where precise navigation and orientation are critical. Other related terms include gyroscopes, which are the primary components of gyrocompasses, and inertial navigation systems, which use gyroscopes to measure changes in orientation and calculate position. Regardless of the terminology used, gyrocompasses are an essential tool for navigation and have been relied upon by pilots and sailors for many years.

What are the hypernyms for Gyrocompass?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Gyrocompass?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for gyrocompass (as nouns)

What are the meronyms for Gyrocompass?

Meronyms are words that refer to a part of something, where the whole is denoted by another word.

Word of the Day

"Emigrations" is a term that refers to the act of leaving one's country of origin to settle in a different one. Some synonyms for this term are migration, immigration, relocation, ...