What is another word for in straitened circumstances?
[ ɪn stɹˈe͡ɪtənd sˈɜːkəmstˌansɪz], [ ɪn stɹˈeɪtənd sˈɜːkəmstˌansɪz], [ ɪ_n s_t_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t_ə_n_d s_ˈɜː_k_ə_m_s_t_ˌa_n_s_ɪ_z]
Table of Contents
Synonyms for In straitened circumstances:
n.• hard up (noun)
Other synonyms:• Other relevant words (noun):
How to use "In straitened circumstances" in context?
In today's society, it is easier than ever for families to be strapped for cash. With high unemployment rates and stagnant wages, many people are finding it difficult to make ends meet. Unfortunately, this can lead to a variety of problems, including:
- Parents who are struggling to pay their bills can't afford to buy their children the things they need, like new clothes or toys.
- People who are struggling to make ends meet can't afford to take vacations or save for retirement.
- Families that are struggling can't afford to help their neighbours when they need it, like when there's a problem with their home.
Word of the Day
- in stir
- in stitches
- in stock
- in store
- in straight line
- In straitened circumstances
- in strength
- in strict confidence
- in stride
- in style
- in subjection
- IN STRAITENED CIRCUMSTANCES synonyms at Thesaurus.com
- IN STRAITENED CIRCUMSTANCES synonyms and antonyms - Merriam-Webster dictionary
- Powerthesaurus.org - IN STRAITENED CIRCUMSTANCES synonyms
- Collins Dictionary - synonyms of IN STRAITENED CIRCUMSTANCES
- YourDictionary - another words for IN STRAITENED CIRCUMSTANCES