What is another word for lap-straked?

Pronunciation: [lˈapstɹˈe͡ɪkt] (IPA)

"Lap-straked" is a nautical term that refers to a type of boat construction where overlapping planks are used to create a smooth hull. Synonyms for this word would include "clinker-built," which also refers to overlapping planks, as well as "lap-jointed" and "lapboarded." These words all describe the same construction technique, but may be used in different contexts. Other related words might include "seamless," "united," or "integrated," all of which suggest a smooth, cohesive surface. While these terms may not be directly synonymous with "lap-straked," they share a similar sense of continuity and unity, emphasizing the strength and stability of a well-built vessel.

Synonyms for Lap-straked:

What are the hypernyms for Lap-straked?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the opposite words for lap-straked?

Lap-straked refers to a type of boat-building construction in which the planks overlap. The antonyms for lap-straked would describe boat-building techniques that do not involve overlapping planks. Examples of these antonyms might include "carvel-built," in which the planks are joined edge to edge, "clinker-built," in which the edges of the planks are fastened to each other, or "plywood construction," in which layers of thin wood are glued together to form a strong, lightweight boat. Each of these techniques has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of construction method may depend on factors such as the intended use of the boat, the availability of materials, and the skills of the builder.

What are the antonyms for Lap-straked?

Word of the Day

silver ichthyolate
Silver ichthyolate is a compound that is not widely known, yet it is a term that sparks curiosity. Synonyms for silver ichthyolate are not abundant, as this compound is quite uniqu...