What is another word for loan-blend?

Pronunciation: [lˈə͡ʊnblˈɛnd] (IPA)

Loan-blend is a term commonly used to refer to the process of combining two or more words from different languages to create a new word. However, there are other terms that are often used interchangeably with 'loan-blend' in linguistic circles. Such terms include 'portmanteau', 'hybrid word', 'compound word', 'mash-up', and 'blend-word', among others. These synonyms effectively communicate the same meaning as 'loan-blend' while emphasizing different aspects of the process. For instance, 'portmanteau' emphasizes the fact that two words are combined to create a new word, while 'compound word' emphasizes that two or more words are combined to form a single word.

What are the hypernyms for Loan-blend?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    financial transaction, credit instrument, financial agreement, financial arrangement.

Word of the Day

Speckly describes a surface or pattern that is textured with small, irregular spots or marks. Other synonyms for speckly include flecked, dotted, stippled, mottled, and dappled. Fl...