What is another word for measuring cylinder?

Pronunciation: [mˈɛʒəɹɪŋ sˈɪlɪndə] (IPA)

A measuring cylinder is a laboratory item that is used to measure liquid volume accurately. Other names for a measuring cylinder include graduated cylinder, graduated tube, or graduated beaker. These terms are often used interchangeably, but they all refer to the same type of scientific measuring tool. A graduated cylinder typically has measurement markings etched or printed onto the surface, allowing for precise volume measurements. It is commonly used in chemistry experiments to measure the volume of liquids, as well as in biology and physics experiments. Regardless of its name or application, a measuring cylinder is an essential tool in any laboratory or scientific setting.

What are the hypernyms for Measuring cylinder?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

Historical Cohort Studies
The antonyms for the phrase "Historical Cohort Studies" may include present-day observations, cross-sectional analysis, conjectural investigations, experimental research, and prosp...