What is another word for measuring rod?

6 synonyms found


[ mˈɛʒəɹɪŋ ɹˈɒd], [ mˈɛʒəɹɪŋ ɹˈɒd], [ m_ˈɛ_ʒ_ə_ɹ_ɪ_ŋ ɹ_ˈɒ_d]

A measuring rod is a tool used to determine the length or distance of an object accurately. There are several synonyms for the term "measuring rod," including measuring tape, ruler, yardstick, meter stick, and measuring stick. These tools are commonly used in various industries such as construction, engineering, and design. While a measuring tape is commonly used for small measurements, a yardstick or meter stick is used for longer lengths. A ruler is typically used in schools and offices, while a measuring stick is often applied in agriculture and forestry. Regardless of the synonym used, measuring rods are essential tools in ensuring accurate measurements and are useful across many different industries.

Synonyms for Measuring rod:

What are the hypernyms for Measuring rod?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Measuring rod?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

Mannkopfs sign
Mannkopf's sign, or the Mannkopf sign, refers to an abnormal physical finding in patients with myasthenia gravis, a neuromuscular disorder. It is characterized by the weak, intermi...