What is another word for metalize?

Pronunciation: [mˌɛtəlˈa͡ɪz] (IPA)

Metalize is an uncommon verb that means to coat or cover with metal. Some synonyms for metalize include metallize, plate, gild, silver, and bronze. Metallize and metalize are used interchangeably in English, and both refer to the process of coating a non-metallic object with a metallic layer. Plating is a more general term that encompasses coating something in any type of material, but in the case of metalizing, it predominantly refers to applying a metal layer. Gilding typically refers to coating an object with a thin layer of gold, while silvering and bronzing are more specific terms referring to coating with silver or bronze, respectively.

What are the hypernyms for Metalize?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Metalize?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for metalize (as verbs)

Word of the Day

Antonyms for the word "anti-bellicistic" can include pro-war, militaristic, aggressive, warlike, and bellicose. These words reflect a positive attitude towards the use of military ...