What is another word for Phylum Entoprocta?

Pronunciation: [fˈa͡ɪləm ɛntˈɒpɹɒktə] (IPA)

Phylum Entoprocta is a group of microscopic animals that are commonly referred to as "Goblet Worms" or "Loriciferans" due to their unique morphology. These synonyms reflect the physical structure of these animals, as they have a goblet-shaped body that is held within a protective case or lorica. Another common name for this phylum is "Kamptozoans", which refers to the fact that Entoproctans are sessile filter feeders and remain stationary for most of their lives. Additionally, Entoprocta are sometimes called "Hydrozoan Worms" due to their resemblance to certain colonial aquatic invertebrates. These varied names demonstrate the level of interest and fascination that these enigmatic creatures have generated among zoologists and biologists.

Synonyms for Phylum entoprocta:

What are the hypernyms for Phylum entoprocta?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: what is an entoproct, entoproct classification, entoproct classification phylum, entoproct species, entoproct fossil, entoproct pictures, entoproct anatomy

Related questions:

  • What is an entoprocta?
  • What is a phylum entoprocta?
  • Word of the Day

    Cysteine Proteinase Inhibitors Exogenous
    Cysteine proteinase inhibitors exogenous refer to compounds that can inhibit the activity of enzymes called cysteine proteinases. These enzymes are involved in various biological p...