What is another word for entoprocta?

Pronunciation: [ɛntˈɒpɹɒktə] (IPA)

"Entoprocta" is a scientific term that refers to a phylum of tiny animals that live in aquatic environments. These creatures are also known as "cycliophorans" or "goblet worms." They are named for their cylindrical or goblet-shaped bodies, which are often covered in cilia or hair-like structures that help them move through the water. Entoprocta are filter feeders, using their tentacle-like arms to capture small particles of food from the surrounding water. While these animals may be unfamiliar to many people, they are an important part of aquatic ecosystems and serve as a food source for larger organisms.

Synonyms for Entoprocta:

What are the hypernyms for Entoprocta?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Entoprocta

The former is the only representative in fresh water of the entoprocta and has only been found in N. America.
"Freshwater Sponges, Hydroids & Polyzoa"
Nelson Annandale

Related words: entoprocta classification, entoprocta definition, class entoprocta, scientific name for entoprocta, type of entoprocta, diet of entoprocta, habitat of entoprocta

Related questions:

  • What type of animal are entoprocts?
  • Word of the Day

    Hg NO
    Hg NO, or mercury nitric oxide, is a chemical compound known for its various applications. It is crucial to identify synonyms to describe this compound more precisely. Some common ...