What is another word for riding crop?

Pronunciation: [ɹˈa͡ɪdɪŋ kɹˈɒp] (IPA)

A riding crop, also known as a hunt crop, is a tool typically used in horseback riding to instruct and communicate with the horse. However, there are several alternative names for this item. One synonym for a riding crop is a horsewhip, which is a whip with a relatively short handle. A crop is another term for a riding crop, and it typically has a narrow leather tip. A bat is a riding crop with a broader, flat surface on the end. A hunt bat or jockey whip is also a synonym for a riding crop and is commonly used in horse racing. Ultimately, all of these synonyms describe the same tool used for similar purposes.

Synonyms for Riding crop:

What are the hypernyms for Riding crop?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    whip, Horseback Riding Equipment, Riding Accessory, riding implement, riding tool.

Related words: riding crops, horse riding crops, spanking crops, best riding crops, horse riding crop, crop top

Related questions:

  • Why is a riding crop called a riding crop?
  • What are the different types of riding crops?
  • How do you use a riding crop?
  • What is the purpose of a riding crop?
  • Word of the Day

    trump hand
    upper hand, advantage, authority, benefit, break, control, dominance, edge, favor, gain.