What is another word for the Queen's English?

Pronunciation: [ðə kwˈiːnz ˈɪŋɡlɪʃ] (IPA)

"The Queen's English" is often used to refer to Standard British English, which is considered the formal and most prestigious version of the English language. However, there are several synonyms for this term, including Received Pronunciation, BBC English, Oxford English, and Queen's Received Standard. Each of these names essentially refers to the same standardized form of the British English language that is often used in formal settings, such as public speaking, broadcasting, and academia. While there may be slight variations in accent and pronunciation across different areas of the UK, the Queen's English remains the most widely recognized and used form of the language.

What are the hypernyms for The queen's english?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Famous quotes with The queen's english

  • There is no such thing as the Queen's English. The property has gone into the hands of a joint stock company and we own the bulk of the shares
    Mark Twain

Related words: Queen's English, the Queen's English rule, the Queen's English pronunciation, the Queen's English vs. American English, the Queen's English accent, the Queen's English and grammar, the Queen's English pronunciation

Related questions:

  • What is the queen's english?
  • What is the difference between american and british english?
  • How do you say queen's english?
  • Word of the Day

    parakeet, paraquet, paroquet, parrakeet, parroket, parrot, parrot, parakeet, paraquet, paroquet.