What is another word for British English?

Pronunciation: [bɹˈɪtɪʃ ˈɪŋɡlɪʃ] (IPA)

British English, also known as UK English or simply English, is the form of the English language spoken in the United Kingdom. However, there are numerous other synonyms associated with this dialect. Some of the commonly used synonyms for the term British English are UK English, English, Anglo-Saxon English, and Great British English. Other commonly used terms and phrases that have a similar meaning include Queen's English, Oxford English, Cambridge English, and Standard English. Additionally, some people may also refer to it as simply British or GB English. Regardless of the term used, the main point is always referring to the British dialect of the English language.

What are the hypernyms for British english?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: british English words, British English phrases, British English sentence structure, British English grammar, British accent, British English video, British English podcast

1. What is the difference between American English and British English?

2. How to switch from American to British English in Word?

3. Is there a difference between the English spoken in England

Word of the Day

parakeet, paraquet, paroquet, parrakeet, parroket, parrot, parrot, parakeet, paraquet, paroquet.