What is another word for toggle bolt?

Pronunciation: [tˈɒɡə͡l bˈə͡ʊlt] (IPA)

A toggle bolt, also known as a toggle anchor or butterfly anchor, is a type of fastener used to secure heavy objects to drywall, plaster, or other hollow materials. There are several synonyms for this type of bolt, including toggle screw, wall anchor, hollow wall anchor, and spring toggle bolt. These terms all refer to the same basic design, which consists of a screw with a collapsible toggle or sleeve that expands behind the wall after insertion to provide a secure hold. Toggle bolts are commonly used for hanging shelves, mirrors, artwork, and other fixtures in drywall or other hollow surfaces.

Synonyms for Toggle bolt:

What are the hypernyms for Toggle bolt?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    anchor, fastener, wall anchor, molly bolt.

What are the hyponyms for Toggle bolt?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

The word "sourceable" means capable of being sourced, obtainable or found. The antonyms of this word are words that refer to something that cannot be sourced, found or obtained. Th...