What is another word for united kingdom?

Pronunciation: [juːnˈa͡ɪtɪd kˈɪŋdəm] (IPA)

The term "United Kingdom" refers to a country that comprises England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. However, there are some synonyms that people often use to describe this country. One common alternative term is "Great Britain," which refers to the island that comprises England, Scotland, and Wales. Another used synonym is "Britain" or "UK" which is an abbreviation for United Kingdom. A further synonym that can be used is "The British Isles," which also includes the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands. However, it is worth noting that some people prefer to use the official title, the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

What are the hypernyms for United kingdom?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: uk citizenship, living in uk, applying for uk citizenship, apply for british citizenship, british citizenship test, british embassy, uk embassy

Related questions:

  • What is the capital of the united kingdom?
  • What are the countries in the united kingdom?
  • Word of the Day

    "Emigrations" is a term that refers to the act of leaving one's country of origin to settle in a different one. Some synonyms for this term are migration, immigration, relocation, ...