What is another word for United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

35 synonyms found


[ juːnˈa͡ɪtɪd kˈɪŋdəm ɒv ɡɹˈe͡ɪt bɹˈɪtən and nˈɔːðən ˈa͡ɪ͡ələnd], [ juːnˈa‍ɪtɪd kˈɪŋdəm ɒv ɡɹˈe‍ɪt bɹˈɪtən and nˈɔːðən ˈa‍ɪ‍ələnd], [ j_uː_n_ˈaɪ_t_ɪ_d k_ˈɪ_ŋ_d_ə_m ɒ_v ɡ_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t b_ɹ_ˈɪ_t_ə_n__ a_n_d n_ˈɔː_ð_ə_n ˈaɪə_l_ə_n_d]

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a mouthful and can be hard to remember. Luckily, there are several synonyms that can make it easier to refer to this country. One popular option is "Britain," which is commonly used in everyday conversation. Another synonym is "UK," which is an abbreviation of its full name. "Great Britain" is also frequently used, although it only refers to England, Scotland, and Wales. If you want to be more specific, you can use "Northern Ireland" or simply refer to the country as "England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland." Regardless of which synonym you choose to use, it's important to remember that each term carries its own history and significance.

What are the hypernyms for United kingdom of great britain and northern ireland?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

phonemic split
A phonemic split refers to the process in which a single sound from a parent language diverges into two or more distinct sounds in a descendant language. This linguistic phenomenon...