What is another word for britisher?

Pronunciation: [bɹˈɪtɪʃə] (IPA)

The word "Britisher" is derived from "British," which is used to describe people, objects, and anything that comes from the United Kingdom. There are several synonyms for the word "Britisher," including Brit, Britishman, Englishman, UK national, and even Briton. These terms are frequently used interchangeably to refer to British people residing within the UK or abroad. Additionally, similar words such as Anglophile, or someone who loves British culture, and British expat, someone who has moved to another country from the UK, are also used in everyday language. While all these terms may not be exact synonyms, they are helpful in describing individuals who are proud to be British.

Synonyms for Britisher:

What are the hypernyms for Britisher?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Britisher

The Civil War, be it noted, did not depose the insolent britisher from his bad eminence in the schoolboy imagination.
"America To-day, Observations and Reflections"
William Archer
"I know his skipper is a britisher, and this chap's all right, I should say.
William McFee
And the native turned out to have a luncheon basket on his head so my heart rose, and by and bye a big fellow in khaki stravaiged out of the shades-a jovial, burly britisher called "Boots,"-told me he was hunting up the other fellows, and that they had got home late last night-this about half an hour after time fixed-so much for Indian punctuality hereaway!
"From Edinburgh to India & Burmah"
William G. Burn Murdoch

Word of the Day

Guarnieri bodies
Guarnieri bodies, also known as Negri bodies, are distinct cytoplasmic inclusions found in nerve cells infected with the rabies virus. These structures were first described by Adel...