What is another word for burst fire?

Pronunciation: [bˈɜːst fˈa͡ɪ͡ə] (IPA)

The phrase 'burst fire' often refers to a firing mode in firearms where the gun's trigger is pulled once, causing the gun to fire multiple rounds in rapid succession. However, there are several other terms synonymous with 'burst fire'. For instance, 'automatic fire' is often used to describe the same firing mode. 'Rapid fire' is another term that can refer to the same concept, although it can also refer to firing at a quick pace in general. In military contexts, 'volley fire' is sometimes used to refer to a group of soldiers firing in unison, which has similarities to 'burst fire'.

What are the hypernyms for Burst fire?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    rapid fire, automatic fire, hammer fire, spray fire.

Word of the Day

Cysteine Proteinase Inhibitors Exogenous
Cysteine proteinase inhibitors exogenous refer to compounds that can inhibit the activity of enzymes called cysteine proteinases. These enzymes are involved in various biological p...