What is another word for Carrick Bitt?

Pronunciation: [kˈaɹɪk bˈɪt] (IPA)

Carrick Bitt is a term used in sailing to refer to a type of rope that is used to fasten a ship's anchor in place. There are many different synonyms for this term, including anchor rope, mooring rope, docking rope, and tether. Some other words that can be used to describe this type of rope include line, cable, cord, and string. Whatever word is used, it is important to remember that a Carrick Bitt or any other type of anchor rope or mooring line serves a crucial purpose in keeping a ship safely in place while it is at anchor or moored at a dock.

Synonyms for Carrick bitt:

What are the hypernyms for Carrick bitt?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    anchoring system, dockside equipment, maritime equipment, mooring apparatus, nautical hardware.

Word of the Day

Latitudinarians refers to individuals who hold broad or liberal views, especially in matters of religion or politics. Synonyms for latitudinarians include liberals, progressives, o...