What is another word for doyley?

Pronunciation: [dˈɔ͡ɪlɪ] (IPA)

A doyley, or doily, is a decorative piece of fabric that can be used to protect furniture or display food. There are several synonyms for this word, including placemat, coaster, table mat, and tray cloth. Each of these items serves a similar purpose as a doyley, but may have different shapes, sizes, and materials. Placemats are typically rectangular and large enough to accommodate a place setting, while coasters are smaller and designed to hold a single drink. Table mats can vary in size and shape and are used to protect a table's surface, while tray cloths are used to decorate and protect the surface of a serving tray.

Synonyms for Doyley:

  • n.

    doily doyley
  • Other relevant words:

    Other relevant words (noun):

What are the hypernyms for Doyley?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Usage examples for Doyley

Then there came an interval without plate, or rather with a plate, doyley and finger-bowl all stacked together, and I heard Pepper say: "Let's have coffee now and then see we aren't disturbed....
"The Debit Account"
Oliver Onions
He and his noble friend, Lord Almeric doyley, played a little trick on a-on one of the College servants.
"The Castle Inn"
Stanley John Weyman
The latter was our old friend, Lord Almeric doyley; but neither he nor Mr. Thomasson knew one another, until the tutor had advanced some paces into the room.
"The Castle Inn"
Stanley John Weyman

Related words: doyley du reviews, doyley du, doyley du reviews 2019, doyley du reviews for dark circles

Related questions:

  • Who is doyley du?
  • What is doyley du?
  • What does doyley du do?
  • Can you get doyley du for dark circles?
  • Does doyley du work for?
  • Word of the Day

    "Emigrations" is a term that refers to the act of leaving one's country of origin to settle in a different one. Some synonyms for this term are migration, immigration, relocation, ...