What is another word for fountain-pen?

6 synonyms found


[ fˈa͡ʊntɪnpˈɛn], [ fˈa‍ʊntɪnpˈɛn], [ f_ˈaʊ_n_t_ɪ_n_p_ˈɛ_n]

Fountain-pen, a writing instrument that uses a nib and an ink reservoir to produce writing, has numerous synonyms. Some of the commonly used synonyms for fountain-pens are ink pens, dip pens, quill pens, feather pens, calligraphy pens, and writing quills. Ink pens are the most common synonym for fountain-pens, and they have various ranges from disposable pens to high-end decorative pens. Dip pens are another synonym for fountain-pens, and they rely on the use of ink wells in the writing process. Quill pens and feather pens refer to the traditional writing tools made from bird feathers that were used before the invention of modern fountain-pens. Finally, calligraphy pens and writing quills refer to specialty writing instruments that are used for specific writing purposes.

Synonyms for Fountain-pen:

What are the hypernyms for Fountain-pen?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

External Ophthalmoplegias
External ophthalmoplegias refer to a condition involving paralysis or weakness of the extraocular muscles. These muscles control eye movements, allowing us to gaze in different dir...