What is another word for gravure?

Pronunciation: [ɡɹˈavjʊ͡ə] (IPA)

Gravure is a printing technique that involves the use of engraved metal or plastic cylinders to transfer ink onto paper. There are various synonyms for the word "gravure", such as intaglio, rotogravure, photogravure and heliogravure. Intaglio refers to a printing process that uses etched or engraved plates, while rotogravure is a high-speed printing method that uses engraved cylinders. Photogravure involves using photographic images to create printing plates and heliogravure is a similar technique that uses sunlight to transfer images onto plates. These synonyms can be used interchangeably to describe the same printing process, depending on the context in which they are used.

What are the hypernyms for Gravure?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Gravure?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.

Word of the Day

Historical Cohort Studies
The antonyms for the phrase "Historical Cohort Studies" may include present-day observations, cross-sectional analysis, conjectural investigations, experimental research, and prosp...