What is another word for reservoir pens?

Pronunciation: [ɹˈɛzəvwˌɑː pˈɛnz] (IPA)

Reservoir pens are also known as fountain pens, ink pens, or calligraphy pens. They are writing instruments that use a reservoir of ink to transfer onto paper, rather than a ballpoint or gel pen. Some other synonyms for reservoir pens include quill pens, dip pens, and feather pens. These names harken back to the origins of the fountain pen, which was developed in the 1800s as a more convenient writing tool than dipping a feather or quill into an inkwell. Today, reservoir pens are still popular among calligraphers, artists, and anyone who values a high-quality writing experience.

Synonyms for Reservoir pens:

What are the hypernyms for Reservoir pens?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    stationery, Pens, writing implements, writing instruments, writing supplies.

Word of the Day

chucker-out, bouncer.