What is another word for sheep pen?

5 synonyms found


[ ʃˈiːp pˈɛn], [ ʃˈiːp pˈɛn], [ ʃ_ˈiː_p p_ˈɛ_n]

A sheep pen is a fenced area or enclosure where sheep are kept. There are many different words to describe a sheep pen, including sheepfold, sheep penning, sheepcote, sheephouse, and sheep paddock. The word sheepfold is derived from the Old English term "sceapfold," which literally meant "sheep enclosure." A sheepcote refers specifically to a small or temporary enclosure for sheep, while a sheephouse is typically a more permanent structure used to hold sheep. A sheep paddock is a larger area, usually fenced in, where sheep can graze. Regardless of the word used, a sheep pen is essential for keeping sheep safe, secure, and well-fed.

Related words: wire pen for sheep, sheep enclosure, sheep hutch, sheep sheds, portable sheep pens, best sheep pens, wire sheep pens, free standing sheep pens, pen for sheep

Related questions:

  • What is a wire pen for sheep?
  • Do sheep need pens?
  • Can you enclose a sheep pen with wire fencing?
  • How do you make a wire pen for?

    Synonyms for Sheep pen:

    What are the hypernyms for Sheep pen?

    A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

    What are the hyponyms for Sheep pen?

    Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
    • hyponyms for sheep pen (as nouns)

      • artifact

    Word of the Day

    phonemic split
    A phonemic split refers to the process in which a single sound from a parent language diverges into two or more distinct sounds in a descendant language. This linguistic phenomenon...