What is another word for spectrophotometer?

Pronunciation: [spˈɛktɹəfˌə͡ʊtə͡ʊmˌiːtə] (IPA)

A spectrophotometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the intensity of light emitted by a substance. There are several other words that can describe a spectrophotometer, including photometer, colorimeter, and spectrometer. Photometers measure the intensity of light, while colorimeters measure the intensity and color of light. A spectrometer analyzes light to determine the chemical properties of a substance. Other related instruments include fluorometers, which measure the fluorescence of a substance, and turbidimeters, which measure the turbidity or cloudiness of a liquid. All of these instruments are important in scientific research and analysis, helping researchers to understand the properties and behavior of various substances.

What are the hypernyms for Spectrophotometer?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

What are the hyponyms for Spectrophotometer?

Hyponyms are more specific words categorized under a broader term, known as a hypernym.
  • hyponyms for spectrophotometer (as nouns)

Word of the Day

hypergeometric series
A hypergeometric series is a type of mathematical series that has a specific form and is found to be useful in a variety of mathematical applications. There are several synonyms fo...