What is another word for styloglossus?

Pronunciation: [stˈa͡ɪləɡlˌɒsəs] (IPA)

Styloglossus is a medical term referring to a tongue muscle that originates from the styloid process and moves the tongue up and back. When it comes to synonyms for the word, some of the commonly used terms include the lingual muscle, the glossostyloid muscle, and the styloglossal muscle. The lingual muscle is the most widely used synonym since it refers to any muscle that is present in the tongue, while the other terms are more specific and refer to the muscle's origin and course. Despite the different synonyms that exist for styloglossus, they all refer to the same muscle and play a vital role in tongue movement and function.

Synonyms for Styloglossus:

  • Other relevant words:

    Other relevant words (noun):

What are the hypernyms for Styloglossus?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Word of the Day

be inspired
aid, answer, apportion, apprehend, attention, barb, caution, charge, compass, compassionate.