What is another word for swash?

407 synonyms found


[ swˈɒʃ], [ swˈɒʃ], [ s_w_ˈɒ_ʃ]

Swash is defined as the sound or motion of waves breaking on the shore, and it also refers to the curling or swirling of water around the edges of an object. Synonyms for swash include surging, surging wave, swell, roll, billow, surge, tide, ripple, flux, and flow. Other related words include foam, splash, spray, and effervescence. Swash can also be used as a verb, meaning to move with a swash or a rush, and synonyms for this usage include sweep, surge, rush, and sweep along. Overall, there are many words that can be used to describe the motion and sound of water, such as swash.

Synonyms for Swash:

How to use "Swash" in context?

When it comes to Graphic Design, a lot of times the term "stripes and lines" is used. However, one term that is often left out of the discussion is "swash". Swash is a design element that comes from the printing and binding industry, and is often used in traditional book and magazine design. In both cases, swash is typically used to add movement and life to a composition.

Swash can be created through a variety of methods, the most common of which are carving and inking. Carving is when a tool is used to remove material, either by hand or with a machine.

Word of the Day

dumpy, retrousse, blocky, chubby, podgy, pudgy, pug, retrousse, snub-nosed, squatty.