What is another word for i beam?

18 synonyms found


[ ˈa͡ɪ bˈiːm], [ ˈa‍ɪ bˈiːm], [ ˈaɪ b_ˈiː_m]

The term "I-beam" refers to a structural steel beam that is shaped like the letter "I." These beams are used in construction projects to create sturdy and durable structures that can support heavy loads. However, there are several synonyms for the term "I-beam," including "H-beam," "wide-flange beam," and "steel beam." These alternative names are often used interchangeably with the term "I-beam" to describe the same type of structural steel support. Whether building a bridge, a high-rise building, or a residential home, the use of I-beams and its synonyms ensures that a structure will have the necessary strength and support to withstand the weight and stress of its load.

Synonyms for I beam:

What are the hypernyms for I beam?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.
  • Other hypernyms:

    structural steel, beam structure, steel beam, construction beam, metal beam, structural beam, support beam.

Word of the Day

Eye Evisceration
Eye evisceration is a gruesome term that refers to the removal or extraction of the eye's contents. As unpleasant as it sounds, there are a few synonyms that can be used to describ...