What is another word for Stanley knife?

86 synonyms found


[ stˈanlɪ nˈa͡ɪf], [ stˈanlɪ nˈa‍ɪf], [ s_t_ˈa_n_l_ɪ n_ˈaɪ_f]

A Stanley knife, which is also known as a box cutter or utility knife, is a handheld cutting tool that features a retractable blade for safe storage. This type of knife is commonly used in various industries such as construction, manufacturing, and packaging. Different regions have their own names for the tool, for example in North America it is commonly called a utility knife or box cutter, in Australia it is known as a box knife or pen knife, and in the UK it is referred to as a Stanley knife after the renowned tool manufacturer Stanley Works. Regardless of the name, a Stanley knife is a versatile and essential tool for many job sites.

Word of the Day

Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy
Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy (LSCM) is a powerful imaging technique widely used in various scientific and medical fields. It allows researchers to obtain high-resolution imag...