What is another word for the Troubles?

Pronunciation: [ðə tɹˈʌbə͡lz] (IPA)

The term "the Troubles" is often used to refer to the political and social unrest that occurred in Northern Ireland from the late 1960s to the late 1990s. However, there are a few synonyms which can be used to describe this period in history. Some people refer to it as "the Northern Ireland conflict", while others call it "the Northern Ireland crisis". The term "sectarian violence" is also used to describe the fighting and tension between different religious groups in the region. Lastly, some people refer to this time as "the Irish conflict", though this term can be misleading as the conflict primarily affected Northern Ireland.

Synonyms for The troubles:

What are the hypernyms for The troubles?

A hypernym is a word with a broad meaning that encompasses more specific words called hyponyms.

Related words: The Troubles, Troubles music, Troubles Remembrance Day, Irish Troubles, what is the Troubles, Troubles documentary, Irish civil war, Northern Ireland civil war, Troubles photos

Related questions:

  • What do the troubles refer to?
  • What is the cause of the troubles?
  • What is the date of the troubles?
  • Word of the Day

    "ANN CONF AUSTRALAS INST MET" seems to be an abbreviation or a combination of words, rather than a single word. Therefore, finding synonyms for it might be challenging without unde...